Friday, October 23, 2009

My "Holiday" Tree



For me, there is a difference between a "Holiday" tree and a Christmas Tree. My "Holiday" tree, I keep on display all year long and decorate accordingly. My Christmas tree is only up from Thanksgiving to January 2nd. I am very perturbed at the idea of them being the same thing... because for me, they are not. MY Christmas tree is a symbol and is filled with symbolism by the ornaments adorning it. For some people, Christmas is just a holiday... but for me, it is a frame of mind... one I try to keep all year long; ... ... ....meaning: Give more, take less. Others first, yourself last. Share, don't hoard. Welocome, don't shun. Help, don't hurt.






Well, the point of this post was to share with you my "Holiday" tree. It's in my foyer, right by the front door. I decorate it all year long. At the moment it is decorated for the football season, and I have paid tribute to LSU with it. Go Tigers.




What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment